The incumbent serves as a Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Audit (DAIG/A) and reports to the Assistant Inspector General for Audit (AIG/A) and Principal Deputy AIG/A. As a DAIG/A, you will oversee multiple audit unit offices in Washington, DC and overseas that conduct performance and financial audits of USAID, MCC, OPIC, IAF, and USADF.
Key duties include:
- Providing direction to subordinate Audit directors in Headquarters and regional offices to ensure timely completion of all audits or other products related to the programs and operations of the agencies that OIG oversees. Involves frequent in-person and virtual engagement with audit managers (directors and assistant directors) and teams, including periodic overseas travel to OIG regional offices.
- Identifying areas for potential audits through research and analysis of programs, global and regional trends, prior year audits, and engagement with senior agency leadership and congressional stakeholders.
- Devising innovative techniques to perform audits designed to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of agency programs and operations.
- Ensuring implementation of audit standards, policies, and procedures consistent with the federal auditing standards established by the Comptroller General of the United States.
- Reviewing and monitoring the progress of overseas regional and headquarter offices, including ensuring effective performance and conduct management, timely and effective advancement of audit products, and compliance with OIG policies, procedures, and templates.
- Acting as an advisor to the AIG/A and Principal AIG/A on issues in the field that require attention. Communicating Headquarters priorities and initiatives to the field.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Headquarters and field officials of USAID, MCC, OPIC, IAF, and USADF. Building partnerships with other accountability organizations in the United States and abroad.