As a Foreign Service Auditor, you will:
- Serve as the lead auditor on performance audits by defining audit scopes and objectives for team assignments.
- Manage and coordinate information and schedules with relevant mission or headquarter entities.
- Review audit information and work of team members to develop findings and draft complex sections of audit reports.
- Perform research prior to and during audits to address program or operation changes.
- Professionally represent the OIG to internal and external stakeholders at entrance and exit conferences, coordinative meetings, out briefs, presentations, and through other forms of written and oral communication settings.
- Lead examining and testing (using statistical and/or judgmental sampling) of records and internal controls to determine the degree of efficiency and effectiveness of audited programs.
- Apply professional Federal government auditing and accounting principles used across the Federal Government to complete audit procedures.
- Perform audit field work, gather evidence, conduct interviews, and document findings.
- Interpret applicable laws and regulations for subject audit area and preparing working papers to document audit work.
- Participate in discussing audit objectives, assignments, findings, and recommendations and developing milestones for team assignments.
- Provide information to management officials responsible for audited programs regarding management controls and procedures.
- Develop audit steps, approaches, and tests for assigned areas of audits or programs, activities, procedures, and operations.
- Produce high quality products that meet Federal government quality standards and adhere to the OIG handbook.