As a Human Resources Specialist, your duties will include:
- Researching and recommending alternative recruitment sources to attract the best qualified applicants.
- Developing and applying recruitment and placement processes, rules, regulations, and laws; suggesting changes and new methodologies to management.
- Evaluating staffing and recruitment programs to assess if they meet basic program goals and objectives and provide recommendations that meet immediate and long term needs.
- Providing advice and guidance to managers regarding placement including special placement activities to attract well qualified candidates for positions.
- Meeting with managers to develop adequate and accurate assessment questionnaires, vacancy announcements and recruitment strategies.
- Providing benefits counseling to new hires and leading new employee orientation.
- Developing and monitoring tracking reports and statistical data.
- Providing position classification management advisory services that may encounter controversial issues.