This position is with USAID OIG Financial Audit Division. You will work as an Auditor under the direction of the Director of the Financial Audit Division of the Office of Inspector General for USAID. The Financial Audit Division is responsible for all financial statement audits and financial related mandated audits and engagements of the USAID, MCC, U.S. ADF, IAF, and OPIC.
Individuals hired for this position will receive developmental assignments with increasing complexity and responsibility targeted at providing the employee with the appropriate experience to progress to the GS-13 level.
As an Auditor specializing in Financial Statement Audits, you will:
- Perform a variety of financial auditing engagements that are structured to the application of accounting principles, auditing standards, procedures, financial data analytics, and techniques.
- Conduct research and gather information through observation, interview, record review, and other available sources (i.e. applicable laws, directives, financial manuals etc.).
- Apply broad government guidelines and/or policy statements that require an in-depth knowledge and interpretation of government auditing principles.
- Utilize professional accounting and auditing applications in the resolution of operational problems and implementations.
- Test, analyze and identify complex financial and non-financial data to verify that it is complete, applicable, and sufficient to meet objectives of the audit test procedure or the audit engagement in general.
- Perform systematic examinations and analysis of an agency financial-related records such as annual financial, reports, agency accounting systems, management controls, and policies and practices.
- Perform reviews of an agency annual financial statements.
- Assist the lead auditor in determining areas of high risk, internal control weaknesses and material misstatement to focus on during an audit.
- Report to the lead auditor any unusual or questionable accounting or program practices, procedures, or operations.
- Prepare clear and concise audit documentation, audit products, and other written/electronic products.
- Serve as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR), conduct oversight over independent public accounting firms conducting audit work on behalf of the Office of Inspector General.
- Draft / write segments of draft and final audit reports.
- Identify findings that are supported by fact based evidence and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Monitor progress of audit recommendations and other reports.
- Maintains Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credentials as required.