As a Supervisory Auditor specializing in IT audits, you will:
- Oversee the conduct of audits and examinations of headquarters and mission information technology, systems and programs.
- Supervise IT audits of the development, security, and internal controls of IT systems and applications as they relate to auditable financial statements and mission support activities.
- Determine compliance with applicable legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure the conduct of audits are in compliance with professional audit standards and Inspector General (IG) audit policies and procedures.
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of the Agency’s management of information technology and systems programs and operations.
- Formulate and prepare written recommendations for corrective actions required on the part of USAID program officials.
- Review and recommend further corrective actions that may require changes in Agency policies and procedures.
- Perform quality reviews of audit reports, surveys, and special studies conducted by IG audit staff.
- Brief senior leaders on progress of audits.
- Identify significant audit areas which require decisions and presents recommendations and options on directions audits should take.
- Perform follow-up audits and reviews, and monitor progress of audit recommendations and other reports prepared by the Office of Audit or other Federal agencies.
- Serve as a Contracting Officer’s Representative; in collaboration with the Contracting Officer, participate in the post-award conference to ensure that all parties have a clear understanding of the scope of the contract, the technical requirements, and the rights and obligations of the parties.
- Monitor and documenting contractors’ performance; inspect and accept or reject deliverables.
- Prepare significant action reports, review draft findings of audit teams and revise as necessary to ensure that conditions, causes, effects and recommendations are properly presented and supported.
- Release tentative findings and recommendations after discussion/review by Agency functional expert.