The incumbent will serve as Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Investigations (DAIG/I) and will report to the Assistant Inspector General for Investigations (AIG/I). As DAIG/I you will oversee the OIG’s Office of Investigations which covers all direct and supporting resources involved with investigating allegations of criminal and civil violations and employee misconduct relating to worldwide programs and operations under the control of the agencies for which the OIG has oversight responsibility.
- Direct and control the performance of all U.S. based and international field investigative activities under the authority of the Inspector General.
- Initiate action as appropriate, to continually improve investigative techniques and the coverage, quality, and effectiveness of investigative reports.
- Maintain effective working relationships with officials of the Department of Justice and other Federal, state, and local investigative and law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure close coordination with other agencies on all matters relating to the identification and prosecution of participants in criminal activities against foreign assistance programs and operations under the control of the agencies that the OIG oversees.
- Provide executive direction to staff in Washington D.C. Headquarters Office as well as to the overseas staff assigned to OIG’s regional investigative offices, located in various international geographical locations.
- Plan and assign work and set priorities through subordinate supervisors; evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors and review performance ratings of their subordinates; provide counsel, advice, and make decisions on work related problems.