As a Human Resources Specialist you will:
- Apply a wide range of HR concepts, regulations and practices in the areas of classification. (Such as proper structure of organization, analyze and classify positions, explain standards, classification decisions, compliant and appeals process, etc.)
- Apply a wide range of HR concepts, principle, laws, regulations and practices in the areas of recruitment and placement.
- Consult with managers, supervisors, employees, etc. to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies, etc. on various HR functions.
- Use of current HR database systems to query, retrieve and analyze information. (Such as HRconnect, EPIC, NFC, etc.)
As a Human Resources Specialist at the full performance level, your duties will include:
- Researching and recommending alternative recruitment sources to attract the best qualified applicants.
- Developing and applying recruitment and placement processes, rules, regulations, and laws; suggesting changes and new methodologies to management.
- Evaluating staffing and recruitment programs to assess if they meet basic program goals and objectives and provide recommendations that meet immediate and long term needs.
- Providing advice and guidance to managers regarding placement including special placement activities to attract well qualified candidates for positions.
- Meeting with managers to develop adequate and accurate assessment questionnaires, vacancy announcements and recruitment strategies.
- Providing benefits counseling to new hires and leading new employee orientation.
- Developing and monitoring tracking reports and statistical data.
- Providing position classification management advisory services that may encounter controversial issues.