As Chief of Staff, Office of Inspector General, you will provide high-level support to the Inspector General (IG) and Deputy Inspector General (DIG) serving as a trusted advisor and resource, and critical link in the communication between the front office and OIG staff and stake holders.
- Provide high-level support to the IG and DIG on a wide range of management, administrative, and operational issues, decisions, and initiatives.
- Coordinate assignments made to staff units by the IO or DIG and serve as a facilitator for drawing together the capabilities and resources of the subordinate offices.
- Provide leadership and coordinate with other OIG units to ensure that internal communication and organizational knowledge are properly and appropriately developed, managed, deployed, and preserved.
- Collaborate with other OIG units to develop messages and ensure consistency between internal and external communication.
- Provide direction to ensure that IG and DIG communication and information about the IO are shared throughout OIG and archived for future reference.
- Participate/coordinate efforts to prepare the IG and DIG for presentations and statements to external audiences.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with bureaus and offices within USAID and other entities for which OIG is the oversight body as necessary to achieve the objectives of the IG in consultation or coordination with the Counselor as needed.
- Ensure OIG compliance with clearance procedures for internal documents requiring IG approval or authorization.
- Serve as the OIG’s primary liaison with the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE).
- Set direction for and supervise all personnel assigned to the COS; assess COS workload and resource needs; and identify and presents resource requirements needed to carry out COS functions.