As a Human Resources Specialist (Employee Relations & Benefits), your duties will include:
- Providing expert oversight and guidance in the employee relations areas; specifically, appeals and grievances, performance management, awards and recognition, conduct and discipline, counseling, leave and absence, hours of work, wellness and alcohol/drug matters, working conditions, alternative discipline and other dispute resolution methods, telework/alternate work schedules, and awards, etc.
- Serving as the benefits and retirement expert responsible for management advisory functions and operational services in the areas of employee benefits, social security, and retirement.
- Developing policies, regulations, and procedures related to all forms of communication and counseling necessary to maintain effective relations between management and the workforce; including intra-management communication, communication with employees collectively and individually, personnel counseling, and performance appraisals.
- Developing administrative instructions pertaining to all phases of grievances, appeals, and adverse personnel actions.
- Administering and creating guidance for the OIG’s Performance Evaluation Program under USAID and OPM regulations.
- Preparing responses to inquiries from members of Congress, OPM, employees, and other interested parties concerning regulatory, administrative and policy applications to employee relations.
- Analyzing underlying forces and practices that cause employee relations problems in order to recommend corrective measures to eliminate the source of problems.
- Carrying out a full range of supervisory responsibilities which includes assessing employee performance; disciplinary actions, training and development of staff, and workforce management.
- Partnering closely with the Director of Human Resources on overall Division management and leading highly-visible HR wide initiatives.
- Serving as the benefits and retirement expert responsible for management advisory functions and operational services in the areas of employee benefits, social security, and retirement; providing authoritative direction and technical advice for the full range of federal employee benefits programs.
- Researching and resolving complex technical retirement issues for civil and foreign service employees, as well as planning and conducting briefings on retirement and other benefit offerings.