As Director of the Learning and Development Division, you will:
- Assist OIG managers in carrying out their responsibilities for planning and conducting employee learning and development.
- Identify best practices, areas of improvement, and opportunities to reduce risks and increase quality of the agency's learning and development program.
- Provide corporate leadership and serve as an advocate for improving customer responsiveness, agency-wide coordination, and communication of the employee development program.
- Provide leadership and guidance to OIG supervisors, managers, and senior executive staff in the development, administration, and continuous improvement of OIG's employee learning, training, and supervisory development programs.
- Collaborate with the HC Director in assessing current and future workforce needs; oversee/manage the training budget; and ensure the efficient and cost-effective development and maintenance of an OIG training delivery system.
- Provide a range of services that are designed to support the training and development of the OIG staff.
- Plan, evaluate and administer programs designed to develop OIG employees, supervisors, and senior executives.
- Conduct training surveys and analyzes information and data to anticipate human resource development and training needs for specific categories of positions that involve well-defined and readily understood duties.
- Establish goals, objectives and plans for staff supervised; schedule and plan the work to be completed by staff; and determine resources required to accomplish the work.
- Develop management processes and procedures in the areas of strategic planning and workforce development.