USAID OIG's Office of Audit, is seeking experienced candidates to help provide independent oversight of USAID's Ukraine response. For more information on USAID OIG's Ukraine oversight plans, please visit https://oig.usaid.gov/our-work/ukraine-oversight.
As Assistant Audit Director for the OIG Office of Audit's, you will:
- Oversee or lead multiple teams in planning and conducting highly technical and complex performance audits, and other projects that promote efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance and ensuring that work is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and direction to division, teams, and staff. As part of those duties, provide supervisory review and approval, using audit software of performance audit objectives, scope, methodologies, protocols, project plans, audit findings, analysis, workpapers and audit evidence, recommendations, and audit reports.
- Oversee or lead teams in obtaining sufficient, appropriate, and reliable evidence through inspection, observation, inquiries, and confirmation to provide a reasonable basis for an opinion regarding the subject being audited.
- Lead or participate in the planning, development, and presentation of written reports and oral briefings for senior OIG and agency leaders on progress of projects, audit findings, and recommendations.
- Assess the progress of corrective actions taken by agency officials regarding recommendation implementation.
- Participate in the development of division audit plans. Monitor compliance with audit teams' plans and schedules to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of audit practices, resources, and tools.
- Perform human resource management functions that include, but are not limited to workforce/succession planning; employee counseling; supporting EEO and affirmative action initiatives; evaluating work performance; proposing staff awards; resolving complaints, identifying employee training needs; and developing and mentoring employees.