The Office of Inspector General safeguards and strengthens U.S. foreign assistance. A career with our office makes you a part of that mission and gives you varied assignments that can provide job satisfaction and professional growth in the United States and abroad.
We employ auditors, program analysts, investigators, attorneys, and a range of support personnel in information technology, communication, human capital, and financial and procurement management. We also retain personnel on a contract basis and hire interns.
Our employees serve in the Civil Service or the Foreign Service. While Civil Service employees are typically based in Washington, DC, those hired into the Foreign Service can expect to spend the majority of their careers overseas.
Our employees receive a competitive starting salary and may qualify for the following Federal Government benefits:
- Life and health insurance
- Federal retirement systems: the Federal Employees’ Retirement System for many Civil Service employees, the Civil Service Retirement System for Civil Service employees previously covered by this retirement system, and the Foreign Service Retirement System for Foreign Service personnel
- Access to the Federal Government’s Thrift Savings Plan with up to 5 percent Government matching contributions
- Transit subsidies for commuting to work using public transportation
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Incentive and performance awards
- Access to work-life programs, including alternate work schedules, personal counseling, referral services, and health and wellness programs
- Annual (vacation) and sick leave accruals
Please refer to each position’s vacancy announcement for the full listing of available benefits.